How can international artists deal with the fact that their routines of work often are not environmentally sound? How can performers at distance come together in a common space of imagination?
“Total International (Local)” is a dance between colleagues who have never met to work in a physical space. The performance takes place simultaneously in Denmark and Switzerland, and all performers are always present – two of them physically.
The performance examines international production conditions in the arts, which are based on unconditional mobility and a longing to explore and discover. Conditions that even before the pandemic was urgent to question, and since March have become even more important to address.
- Concet and idea: Andreas Liebmann, Boaz Barkan und Cie Zeitsprung: Meret Schlegel und Kilian Haselbeck
- Performance: Andreas Liebmann, Boaz Barkan und Cie Zeitsprung: Meret Schlegel und Kilian Haselbeck
- Artistic support: Beatrice Fleischlin, Nicole Gabriele Schöpfer
- Technical concept: Claudio Bagno
- Music, Technic: David Nicolas Abad
- Dramaturgical support: Tanzhaus Zürich Simon Froehling
A cooperation with Tanzhaus Zürich, Kulturhaus Helferei Zürich, Får302 Kopenhagen, Tårnby Park Studio
- Supported by: Stadt Zürich, Kanton Zürich, Ernst Göhner Stiftung, Danish Arts Counsel, Wilhelm Hansen Foundation